Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fantasy Press Letter 1954


FANTASY PRESS, INC.

LETTER FROM PUBLISHER TO ROY A. SQUIRES

1954 - SIGNED BY LLOYD ARTHUR ESHBACH

Fantasy Press Incorporates - A personal typed letter from Lloyd Eshbach - founder & publisher of Fantasy Press - to Roy A. Squires inviting him to invest in Fantasy Press. This is not the form letter that was sent out later, but a personal invitation . As Eshbach states in his book..."Over My Shoulder""The corporation was formed in 1954. I wrote to a selected list of fan customers. Seventy fans responded with purchases of stock ranging from a single share at $25 to 40 shares at $1000.....Looking back on everything I tried as a publisher I regret this step above all others...my friends lost all they invested" - "Over My Shoulder" pg. 136.I do not have Roy's response but knowing him as well as I did I doubt that he invested anything more than good advice, for Roy knew the whims of fans and the general book-buying populace!This is the type of material that makes collecting the great joy that it is! A fascinating historical document!Great little appetizer for your Fantasy Press collection.SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA $5. OUTSIDE USA $11.Terence A. McVicker, Rare Books

No comments:

Navigation

You're at "Chrispy's Antiquarian Horror Page".
_____

Go Back to Original HPL blog
_____

_____